Campus-wide Responsibility and Commitment
Design should try to minimize potential barriers whenever possible
- Physical spaces should be designed for a variety of body sizes and shapes
- Academic offerings need to ensure high standards but also offer high levels of flexibility
- Online Information and services need to be designed with intuitive navigation and should be used easily by a variety of assistive technologies
Accommodation process is used when barriers are encountered
- Student requests for academic accommodation are made through Disability Support Services
- Community, program, or event requests should be made to the sponsoring entity. Accessibility Notices are very important.
- Employee requests should be directed to the department. Consultation is available through Human Resources and/or Campus Diversity and Compliance.
- The Accommodation Process is outlined in Board of Regents Policy