The Community & Technical College (CTC) enhances, promotes and provides quality education and training that is responsive to the needs of lifelong learners in a changing world through leadership collaboration within the community.
The Community & Technical College is an Alaskan leader in postsecondary career and technical education and service.
Values and Goals
At the Community & Technical College we believe that education is the gateway to opportunities for a better life. The college aims to lead Alaskans and others to successful and satisfying careers through advanced technical education, training, and services. CTC faculty, staff, and industry and community partners seek to provide Alaska, the nation and the world with a well-educated and technically competent workforce.
- Promote student success through quality recruitment, retention, advising, placement and professional development services; through dynamic programs designed to meet high-demand and legacy industry needs; and through high-level service and support at every point of contact with students.
- Improve quality of performance through continuous focus on the teaching/learning process, the career and academic advising process and college-wide customer service.
- Engage the community through interaction and active partnerships with public schools and strategic industry, professional and community stakeholders.
- Reflect Alaska's diversity through student and employee recruitment and through teaching, services, community partnerships and programs that reflect UAA's goals toward cultural, gender and ethnic diversity.
- Be visible in the community through distinctive print and electronic materials, high profile promotional events and activities, and creative collaborations with students, faculty and partners within and beyond the university.