Are you a student thinking about volunteering at KRUA?
Volunteering can include, but is not limited to: screening music for rotation, production work, hosting a live or pre-recorded show, assisting with promotional events, and assisting our news team.
Regardless of your skill in radio, broadcasting, or communications, KRUA will train you for any position you may be interested in. Some volunteer work, like hosting a show, requires more training than screening music for our news director, but we will work with you regardless of
Any student who is enrolled in 3 credits ore more, has a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average, and is in good academic standing can volunteer their time at KRUA.
What kind of time commitment is involved? While this will vary based on what you want to do at KRUA, all of our positions are very flexible. While a DJ may produce and host a weekly show, promotional event volunteers may only be needed a handful of times a semester.
Why volunteer at KRUA? The opportunity to shape KRUA's direction and sound by sharing your passion for music or radio with UAA, the Anchorage community, and the world.
- Access to hordes of new and different music.
- A chance to explore a field outside or major.
- Volunteering is also a great resume builder.
- Semi-annual scholarship opportunities for active student volunteers.
If you have any questions, please contact KRUA's volunteer coordinator at 786-6808 or e-mail email@example.com.
Please complete the form below to get started:
Cell Phone Number:
Date of Birth:
Please enter date of birth as follows: MM/DD/YYYY. If you are under 18, you must submit a signed and dated letter from a parent or guardian giving you permission to volunteer at KRUA.
Letters may be mailed to Student Media, 3211 Providence Drive, SU 218, Anchorage, AK 99508; faxed to (907) 786-6806; or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Type: please check one of the following that best applies:
If you are a UAA student, please complete the following 4 questions:
What is your student ID number?
What is your major or primary field of study?
How many credits are you currently enrolled for?
What is your cumulative grade point average?
There are several volunteer positions available at KRUA, such as:
1. Music Screener. Screen new music for our automated rotation, and help shape the sound of the station.
2. Public Service Announcement Writer / Producer. These volunteers assist with the preparation of PSAs, Station IDs, and Promotional advertising for various KRUA programs.
3. Promotional Event Volunteer. Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator, other staff members and volunteers to assist with the production of KRUA concerts, community events, etc.
4. Show Host / DJ: Have your own weekly show at KRUA 88.1 FM!
5. Volunteer Recruiter. This position works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruite new student and community volunteers.
6. Volunteer Reporter. Interview visitng musicians, local public figures, and the campus community while gaining valuable broadcast journalism experience. No experience interviewing? No problem! Training is provided.
Contract Reporting positions are also available to qualifiying UAA student employees, and PAY $42.50 per 90 - 180 second produced news story. UAA students must be enrolled in six credits or more per semester, and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0. Production training is provided.
In the box below, please indicate which volunteer positions you are most interested in and why:
KRUA's main studio and offices are located on a second floor. Do you require elevator access?
Please list any previous media experience or related skills you have to offer:
Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
Have you ever been cited or fined by the Federal Communications Commission? If yes, please explain:
Why do you want to volunteer for KRUA?