You are part of crime prevention at UAA. Familiarize yourself with the following list of do's and don'ts. These items will benefit you in every walk of life and help you maintain your personal safety both on and off campus.
- Be alert to your surroundings and the people around you.
- Report suspicious persons or circumstances to the University Police Department.
- Learn the locations of emergency phones around campus.
- Report crime to the University Police Department promptly.
- Always lock your car and don't leave valuables in your car.
- Don't leave personal belongings unattended in labs, cafeterias, library, etc.
- Always lock your office, residence hall, or apartment door.
- Don't prop doors open in the residence halls or in office buildings.
- Avoid walking alone at night or in dark areas.
- Use the escort services provided by the University Call Team.
- Avoid running alone or using stereo headsets when running.
- Be alert to the presence of wildlife on campus and avoid contact.
- Report harassment of wildlife to the University Police Department promptly.
For more information on personal safety click here.